Patent Watch Online’s Newsletter
Patent Watch Online produces a periodic newsletter with information related to the European Patent Office (EPO), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and the United States Patent Office (USPTO) – along with other international patent offices. To subscribe to our newsletter, please enter your email in the box below.
There are a lot of great patent resources on the web. Below are listed some of our favorites.
- ESPACENET provides free access to more than 70 million patent documents worldwide.
- WIPO Patent Search provides access to more than 1.7 million patent applications disclosed through the PCT system.
- USPTO Search gives you several options for searching US patents.
- Japanese Patent Search through the Industrial Property Digital Library allows access to their IP Gazettes.
- Chinese Patent Search provides English abstracts of Chinese invention patents (manually translated). (Note: Espacenet database includes English abstracts of Chinese invention patents and utility models (also manually translated) as well.)
There are many good patent blogs out there, some with specific areas of expertise. Find the one that most pertains to your business, as well as a couple more general ones.
- Patently-O is a blog that concentrates on patent prosecution tips for attorneys and inventors, statistics, and status updates of patent infringement cases.
- IPWatchdog is an online magazine that focuses on the news and business of IP.
- The Patent Prospector provides news, information, opinion, and sassy entertainment about all aspects of patents.